The Peel Mobile Health Service (PMHS) aims to improve access to health services and health information, especially to those people and populations who are less able to access health providers/services within their local residential areas or have difficulties travelling to access services.
The secondary purpose is to undertake health promotion activities when delivering health services in local communities and at local events.
The services we currently provide in socially disadvantaged and isolated communities include:
- Nursing clinics for homeless youth
- Drug and Alcohol Services (Palmerston) for anyone affected by substance misuse
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Services for child, adolescent, adult and older adult clients
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Outreach
- Diabetes Services (credentialed diabetes educator)
- Dietetic Services (community dietician)
- Bereavement Service (The Compassionate Friends)
- Family Violence support, assistance and advocacy (Pat Thomas House)
Please contact us if you would like more information.