Peel Youth Medical Service (PYMS) provides confidential health services in a safe non-judgmental environment with a focus on young people, aged 12 – 25 years of age.
PYMS aims to promote wellness by improving the mental, social and physical health of young people in the Peel region.
What We Do
Peel Youth Medical Service offers medical appointments with a GP for all your general health needs and enquiries as well as:
|STI Screening||Referral to Psychology Services|
|Counselling||Pregnancy Testing & Contraception Advice|
|AOD Counselling||Social Work Services|
|Sexual Health Education||Practice Nurse|
- Doctor - Dr Rupert Backhouse
- Doctor - Dr Dana Luscher
- Doctor - Dr Amanda Lim
- Doctor - Dr Laura Begley (on leave)
- Practice Manager - Catherine Samuels
- Practice Nurse - Louise Graham-Wright
- Practice Nurse - Laura Slater-Horner
- Practice Nurse - Tracey Hammond
- Mental Health Social Worker - Leanne Lange
- AOD Counsellor (Palmerston) - Louise Helfgott
- Receptionist - Tara Hey
- Receptionist - Jenny Birkin
When We Are Open
Normal open hours are:
|Monday||9.00am – 5.00pm|
|Tuesday||9.00am – 5.00pm|
|Wednesday||9.00am – 5.00pm|
|Thursday||9.00am – 5.00pm|
|Friday||Counselling - by appointment only|
Our standard appointment time to see the GP is 20 minutes (longer appointments are available on request).
If you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment, please call and let us know.
All services provided through Peel Youth Medical Service are bulk-billed and therefore free of charge.
For a copy of the Peel Youth Medical Service Practice Information Brochure please click here
Please contact us if you would like more information